When Mr.Ram Mohan, Secretary of HELP, received an email from GlobalGiving stating that his NGO acquired permanent membership at GlobalGiving – he was elated.
“This was the first ever time, we did a online fundraising campaign. And it was a success!” he said.
“It gave us a credible and legitimate way to seek donations from both our existing and prospective donors and well-wishers,” said Dr.Mamatha Raghuveer, Director-Tharuni.
Earlier HELP and Tharuni had participated in GlobalGiving’s Accelerator, a virtual training program and crowdfunding campaign that helps nonprofits take their online fundraising to the next level.
The Press release said, “They’ve each (82 NGOs) also met GlobalGiving’s rigorous vetting standards for trust and community support, and raised at least $5,000 from 40 donors in March 2017.”
“We’re excited to welcome these 82 nonprofits to the GlobalGiving Community,” said Mari Kuraishi, President and Co-Founder of GlobalGiving.
“Participating in the GlobalGiving Accelerator is not an easy task – but it is not impossible,” said Mr.Sathyanand, Director at Tamuku.in (an initiative of Gateway Consultancy) who helped the two NGOs to register and participate in the Accelerator program.
Growing Online Fundraising
Online fundraising is growing, slowly but steadily. On average, nonprofits raise 7.6% of their total revenue online (2). Interestingly, 45% of online donors gave to nonprofits located outside of their country of residence – with Indian NGOs topping the list garnering 6% share of total online donors in 2017 (3). 66% of donors have volunteered within the last 12 months. 85% donated to the nonprofit that they volunteered for.
Being the first and largest crowdfunding community – GlobalGiving is a pioneer in the arena of online fundraising – connecting nonprofits, companies, and donors around the world. The platform makes it possible for local organizations to access the tools, training, and support they need to become more effective.
GlobalGiving-Tamuku Strategic Partnership
Tamuku is a Strategic partner with GlobalGiving facilitating NGOs in the registration process and availing the service. Here are the 2 NGOs supported by Tamuku in the last cycle.
Both NGOs have now got permanent membership in the GlobalGiving. GlobalGiving harnesses the power of networks to expand our reach to more grassroots projects around the globe. Strategic partners support GlobalGiving’s mission by helping them connect with new world-changing nonprofits. GlobalGiving can share relevant content with their nonprofit network in 160+ countries. As strategic partner, Tamuku helps them support more nonprofits in their Accelerator program.
How Tamuku can help?
As authorized strategic Partner for GlobalGiving, we, at Tamuku, can support your NGO in the following processes.
- We will help you in registering your NGO in GlobalGiving (Step 1), provided all the necessary information and documents are made available to us
- We will help you in writing a narrative of an appropriate project (Step 2) that you can post on GlobalGiving for which you will be raising funds during the campaign
- We will facilitate in strategizing your fundraising campaigns by providing campaign Emails, Social media messages, and format to track donations and henceforth plan to achieve the target of USD 5000 from minimum 40 unique donors (Step 3)
For more information, write to email@example.com.
(1) Press release April 2018: GlobalGiving Welcomes 82 New Partners to the GlobalGiving Community https://www.globalgiving.org/aboutus/press-release/82-new-partners-welcomed-to-community-mar-2018/
(2) Charitable Giving Report, 2017: https://institute.blackbaud.com/asset/2017-charitable-giving-report/
(3) Global Trends in Giving Report https://givingreport.ngo/