The NGO-DARPAN portal (previously referred as NGO-Partnership System (NGO-PS)) is a platform that provides space for interface between VOs/NGOs and key Government Ministries / Departments / Government Bodies. The Portal is managed at present by NITI Aayog.
This is a free facility offered by the NITI Aayog in association with National Informatics Centre to bring about greater partnership between government & voluntary sector and foster better transparency, efficiency and accountability.
Who should register?
Any VO / NGO which is registered as a trust/ society/ a private limited non-profit company, under Section 8 company (old Section-25 Company) of the Indian Companies Act should sign up on the NGO Darpan.
Why register at NGO Darpan?
It is now required that all Voluntary Organizations (VOs)/ Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) to sign up on the Portal. The Unique ID generated at registration, is mandatory to apply for grants under various schemes of Ministries/ Departments/ Governments Bodies.
Benefits for NGOs registering with NGO Darpan
- Free listing of NGO Profile on Government website
- Access information and resources related to schemes and projects offered by various Government ministries, departments, subsidiary bodies, etc
- Free access to various NGOs working in your districts/state which shall be helpful for knowing them and exploring partnerships
Facilities provided by NGO Darpan
- Get details of existing VOs / NGOs across India
- Get details of the schemes of the participating Ministries/Departments/Government Bodies offering grants to VOs / NGOs
- Apply online for NGO grants
- Track status of applications for grants
10 Steps to register your NGO
- Open NGO Darpan Website – http://ngodarpan.gov.in/
- Click ‘Login/ Register’ button on the top-right corner of the website
- ‘User Authentication’ pop-box will open up.
- If you have already registered on the old portal, click ‘Forgot password’. Enter your email id/ mobile number that you used for registration before to retrieve your password.
- If you are registering anew, click the ‘Sign Up’ button. Fill the necessary details on the form that appears. Create a UserID and a Password.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button after entering all your details, you will get a message on the screen, saying “You are Successfully Registered.”
- Note down the Unique Id, that would be generated at that time (like, AB/2010/0001234)
- You will receive an email. Click the link ‘Activate your account‘.
- After clicking on the link, fill the Unique ID which was shown to you earlier (as in step 7).
- After activating your account you can use your UserID and the Password to Login into the website and avail the facilities.
- Use the NGO E-mail ID to register the profile of NGO on NGO Darpan. Do not use personal E-mail ID of any staff member or board member
- Keep the Email ID, Username and Password, Secret question and answer used/mentioned while registration safely in your NGO office
Document required (to be uploaded during registration)
- Registration Certificate should be scanned in pdf or jpg (preferably) format, and uploaded. The size of the file should be less than 2MB.
- In case of Trust deeds, only the first page and the page with the signature on it should be scanned and uploaded.
- PAN car of the Organisation (Only PDF/ JPG files are allowed. Max size 2 MB)
- PAN & Aadhar numbers of Board members (Only PDF/ JPG files are allowed. Max size 2 MB)
Details you should have before filling the registration form online
- PAN number of the Organisation
- Registration details – Registration Number, Date of Registration, Registration Act details,
- Name of all Board members
- PAN & Aadhar numbers of all Board members
- Details of achievements (500 words)
Contact details of NGO Darpan
Voluntary Action Cell
Room No. 316 , NITI Aayog, Sansad Marg
New Delhi-110 001
Tel: 011-23042324 / 011-23042326
NGO-Darpan portal: ngodarpan.gov.in